JIIPE Infrastructure Development Completed In October 2014


SURABAYA – The infrastructure development in Java Integrated Industrial Port and Estate (JIIPE) in Manyar, Gresik Regency, East Java, may be completed in October 2014.

PT Pelabuhan Indonesia (Pelindo) III Public Relation Head Edi Priyanto said upon the completion, the investors could start the plant development in the zone.

“The infrastructure preparation has been made since October 2013, it is expected that the investors could start the plant development in next October. The infrastructure will include jetty construction for it will facilitate the investors to bring machines for plant development process,” he said in his visit to Teluk Lamong port project, Gresik, Jakarta (1/23).

The development of JIIPE in the proposed location has been made according to Regional Regulation No.8/2011 concerning Urban Planning (RTRW) of Gresik Regency for 2010-2030. The project consists of three parts namely sea port, industrial zone, and residential zone projects.

The sea port project is developed by PT Berlian Manyar Sejahtera (BMS), a joint venture between PT Berlian Jasa Terminal Indonesia (Pelindo III subsidiary) with the share of 60% and PT Usaha Era Pratama Nusantara (PT AKR Corporindo Tbk. subsidiary) with share of 40%.

Meanwhile, the industrial area project is developed by PT Berkah Kawasan Manyar Sejahtera (BKMS) owned by Usaha Era Pratama Nusantara (UEPN) under the shares composition of 60% and 40% for Berlian Jasa Terminal Indonesia (BJTI).

“In the projects development, we give more focus on the port since our basis is the port operational, while the industrial and housing sectors will be managed by AKR,” he said. The industrial sector will be developed in a 1,761 hectare land area under the allocation of 70% for small, medium, and large industries, as for the remaining 30% land area will be allocated for green zone (10.57%), road and drainage (12.3%), and public facilities (7.03%).

“The port itself has the area of 371 hectare which is aimed for operational area of 80% as well as green zone, utilities, and circulation at 20%,” he said.


Commercial Area

In the meantime, in a 765 hectare land of residential area there will be built commercial area, golf course, hotel and apartment, road, as well as green area. The residential project will be developed by PT AKR Land Development.

He said JIIPE is intentionally developed to provide sea port services directly made for industrial zone, among them is to minimize logistics cost where it was usually burdened whenever the sea port location is far from industrial zone.

“JIIPE will also become sea multi services port for shipment, container, cargo general, cars or motorcycles, as well as dry and liquid bulk,” he said. Further he explained the port will also be equipped with facilities such as warehouses, liquid tanks, truck pitch, coal storage, wood logs, workshops and offices.



Source: http://business.bisnis.com/business/




Leave a reply